Doesn't this look interesting? I think it sure does so I'm making it for the upcoming 4th of July. Looks easy enough.
Well here it is. First the recipe didn't say frozen strawberries so fortunately after I re-checked it another recipe said to use frozen strawberries. I had some in my freezer so lucky for me so make sure you have 3 cups of frozen berries. **I usually buy strawberries and freeze some for later use.
It also didn't say to let the jello and strawberries set slightly so thankfully I realized that two thin of a mixture might not be a good thing. I did allow to set in refrigerator to slightly set.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels. (I used pretzel rods because I had them and processed them in food processor until the texture I desired)
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- Bake 375 degrees for 8 minutes and Cool completely.
|Add frozen berries|
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 oz. cool whip, thawed to room temperature(I only had 8 oz. container)
- 1 (6 oz) box Strawberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced frozen strawberries
- Combine melted butter and sugar. Stir in the crushed pretzels. Press evenly on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and cool whip. Beat until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Make sure to get the cream mixture tight against the edges of the pan to prevent the jello mixture from seeping through.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove from stove and add jello. Stir until Jello is dissolved. Add sliced frozen strawberries and allow to set slightly in refrigerator. Pour over cream layer and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- ***I actually ladled strawberries over cream cheese mixture to assure not to disturb cream cheese mixture.
recipe adapted from Favorite Family Recipes Enjoy!