Thursday, September 3, 2015

Strawberry Cake!

This is another( just add) to a cake mix recipe I came across in my searching for a nice cake to bring to a friends home...  Easy to put together, sweet and moist.. Enjoy


Beautiful presentation!

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,



M.J.


1 - approx. 18 oz. white cake mix
1- 3 oz. strawberry flavored gelatin
1-15 oz. pkg. frozen strawberries in syrup..thawed and pureed
4 large eggs
1/2cup vegetable oil ( I use canola)
1/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees..Grease 2 (9inch) round cake pans
In mixer combine cake mix and gelatin. Add pureed strawberries, eggs, oil and water. Beat at medium speed  until smooth.  Pour into well greased pans..Bake approx. 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes..Remove and cool completely on wire racks.

Frosting:

1 -8 oz. cream cheese softened
1/4 cup butter softened
strawberries pureed (optional)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup flaked coconut (optional)
Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired

A tip from the baker:  Cool Whip, coconut and pineapple might be a nice spin to the recipe!!

Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy.. Add confectioner sugar and vanilla...Add milk a little at at time until smooth.. Spread on cake.  Just a note:  I would make this cake again...although I would change it a bit...I would use Cool Whip in the center with some drained crushed pineapple and top the whole cake with Cool Whip and or flaked coconut... Yummy!

Dense and sweet!


I added flaked coconut and garnished it with pineapple and a strawberry






Layers with cream cheese in center





9/4/11
3/2/13
8/2/14
8/3/15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will pen this down when my strawberries come along(my first big crop):)