Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Veal Scallopini #2 recipe

I was longing for a light meal but also was not interested in the usual, beef, pork or chicken so I bought a small portion (enough for two) of veal scallopini at our local grocery store. I scouted the internet and found this one to fit our needs.  I had all the ingredients and even the veggies for sides.  It's a good day when I have all the ingredients and don't have to leave the house for something I need to complete a recipe.

It turned out to be so easy and the new idea of mashing cooked cauliflower with sour cream and butter was delightful.  ( I love my immersion blender).  Green beans lightly tossed with olive oil and garlic too!  Yummy easy meal.



  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 pound thin veal
  • 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
  • eal scallopini (less than 1/4 inch thick)
  • 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar(my capers were in vinegar so I did not add vinegar to my recipe)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons drained small capers
  • 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
  •  
  •  

Heat a 12-inch heavy skillet (not nonstick) over high heat until hot, then add oil and heat until it shimmers.
Meanwhile, stir together flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, then pat veal dry and dredge in flour, knocking off excess.
Cook veal in 2 batches, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per batch. Transfer to a plate.
Discard oil from skillet, then add butter and cook over medium heat, shaking skillet frequently, until browned and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar, capers, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Return veal to skillet just to heat through, then sprinkle with parsley.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Tomorrow I think! Thank you for all your inspiration m.j!!! This looks wonderful!

Debbie said...

This looks wonderful M.j! Thank you for all your inspiration!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Thanks Debbie for commenting. I wish more would do so. It's gets a little frustrating when no one does. Thanks again. You made my day!