Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Easy Peach Cobbler

What do I do when I am bored~~~~~~~~ I bake!

Three good size peaches were starring me in the eye and I was so tempted to make a peach torte but figured cobbler would be easier and hubby would probably enjoy it better.  Aren't I a nice wife? lol  Cool weather makes me want to bake!

I didn't follow any specific recipe but I did remember to jot down what I did.  Here goes:

 






In a medium size pan place 2 cups sliced peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup water and a teaspoon lemon juice.  Stir.  Bring the peaches to a boil and cook until peaches are tender and liquid is thickened slightly.  Set aside to cool.

***Note: You could use canned peaches too which might be easier.  I'd drain the peaches and thicken the juice with a little corn starch over medium heat until slightly thickened and you would probably get the same results with less work. LOL

  Cobbler topping:

In a large bowl place
 1 egg
 1/2 cup sugar,
 3 T melted butter,
 1/2 cup milk
 and a slight amount (approx. 1/4 cup) of cooled peach liquid and then add 2+ cups of Bisquick biscuit mix , mixing until all is blended using a large spoon.  (You have to play this safe and start with 2 cups of Bisquick and if the mixture is too thin add a slight bit more Bisquick or if it is too thick add a slight bit more of milk). I'm hoping my explanation is clear.  

Next lightly grease a small baking pan.   Place the cooked peaches juice and all in the bottom of pan.  Top with approximately 6 Large tablespoons of baking mix, sprinkle a little cinnamon on top and bake at 400 degrees approx. 20 to 30 minutes until top is browned and juice is bubbling around edges.  Cool slightly before serving. 

Enjoy!  Top with a little vanilla ice cream if desired! Yummy!


No comments: